The Word is Out!
Monday, May 29, 2017
If you haven't heard by now, Dallin and I are expecting our first baby! It's due date is December 6th and we'll find out the gender sometime in July! We are so excited to be welcoming a little baby into the family. This is something I have waited for so so long.
The day we found out was so unexpected. I had taken so many pregnancy tests before and they had all been negative. It seemed impossible that one might be positive. I was very doubtful that I was even pregnant. I had a little feeling that I might be but I didn't dwell on it too much for fear that I might be wrong... again. I had a few symptoms but of course I had had "symptoms" before and they obviously hadn't meant anything. I decided not to tell Dallin that I was taking a test that morning and waited until he had left to work before pulling out the tests.
I was hopeful but also expecting a negative test like I'd seen so many times before. After waiting for the test to settle a couple minutes I went to the bathroom counter and picked up a very positive pregnancy test! I froze, completely in shock. I felt like the wind and been knocked out of me. There were two very dark lines. Two! I had no idea how to react. It took a few minutes to even process that it was really happening. I was pregnant! Excitement and gratitude overwhelmed me and I stood there for the next few minutes laugh crying and repeating the words "oh my gosh" about one hundred times. Eventually I pulled myself together and decided to take another test, a digital one, just to be sure. Sure enough, I soon saw the word "pregnant" on the digital test. I have read that test over and over again until it really sunk in.
Excitement to tell Dallin quickly consumed me and I began brainstorming how I would tell him. I decided on a simple little card that I set on the kitchen table next to my pregnancy test. Lucky for me Dallin got off early that day and I only had to wait a couple hours for him to return home. I sat at the kitchen table waiting anxiously for him to finish cleaning up. I knew he would be surprised. We had talked about just last night how I probably had not become pregnant again this month. Finally he came down the hall and into the dinning room. My heart was pounding with excitement. It took him a moment to notice the card and test, but as soon as he did his jaw dropped and his eyes widened. He was so excited. Neither of us could believe that it was finally happening. We spent the rest of the day looking up information about how big the baby was at 4 weeks and downloading apps on my phone about pregnancy. Back then, the baby was only the size of a tiny poppyseed.
That day was so surreal. In fact, the past couple months have been so surreal. I'll go into more detail about the first trimester in another post but we could not be more excited- and nervous- to start this new adventure!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment