HOUSE UPDATES

Wednesday, May 24, 2017
APRIL 4, 2017

We’ve been making a lot of progress on our house recently! We finished two big projects and got a few decorations to liven up the space. It’s been so fun to decorate and make this house our home. A couple weeks ago or so we finished our kitchen table. That was a long project that I am so glad is done, but it turned out beautiful. I think the fact that Dallin and I built it with our own two hands makes me especially fond of it.

It all started with a pinterest pin… as do all my projects! I’m sure by now Dallin is cursing pintrest however, he enjoys the end result just as much as I do! I was getting really tired of using my craft table in the dinning room and I really liked the Farmhouse look for kitchen tables. However buying one was way out of the budget! So we decided we would attempt to build one. We bought all our wood at lowes as well as a few tools and headed home with great intentions to start building the next day… but the wood sat there for a really long time. Finally we worked up the courage to begin. It still took us a long time, there were a lot of cuts to make and a lot of screws to drill. Sanding and staining were definitely time consuming but it was SO WORTH IT.

We still need to buy some chairs for the one side of the table but I plan on getting the popular white metal cafe dining chairs! Here are some before and after pictures of the space as well as some pictures of the process! Yes, we built it inside the house in one of our spare bedrooms. Never again.

 


















We also painted! I am loving the new paint color. The grey wasn’t bad but it definitely had a cooler feel to it and this light beige gives the house a warmer tone. I did so much research on paint colors and was finally able to find a beige that doesn’t look yellow! It’s perfect.





We picked up our paint at Lowes on Wednesday and my lovely mother came the next day to help me paint. We worked for two days and were able to get SO MUCH done! WE got everything done except for one room and that is only because we ran out of paint! Two of my younger brothers, Ethan and Gabe, also came and helped out with the painting project. It was fun to have family over and I’m so thankful they came. It would have been a 3 week process of I would’ve done it by myself but we were able to get so much done because my mom came. Aren’t mothers the best? Here’s a few pictures of the process and some after pictures as well. Obviously the outlets still need their covers in these photos but I was too excited to take some pictures of the finished product!









I am so thankful for this house that we’ve been blessed with to use and that I’m able to tweak things to make it our own. It’s feeling more and more like home every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment