Different But Good

Thursday, March 22, 2018
1/30/18
Our lives are so different that they were a couple months ago and far more different than they were a year ago. Different can be hard. It can be challenging. However different can also be so so good. Our lives are great; we are blessed and have a beautiful little baby but it's also hard and challenging. There are bad days but there are also really really good days.

Lucy brings so much joy into our home. She is the center of our lives right now and we are so excited about her growth and changes. It was so fun when she first started smiling and it's beginning to happen more and more. She's also starting to listen to us and watch our face more intently. Lucy has become more interested in us and what we are doing. She has also gotten quite expressive in her face  and when she tries to "talk." She has the cutest little squeal and like to "yell" at us when she's hungry. Lucy doesn't cry a whole lot but she definitely lets us know when something is up. Maybe I'm biased but I think she's the cutest baby I've ever seen.

I used to have hours and hours to myself to get the house clean, do laundry or even lay around. Now my time is spent changing diapers, feeding Lucy and holding her when she fusses. I've definitely learned how to utilize nap time. I feel like I am actually more productive with my time now than I was before. I have to be or nothing would get done! However, even if I don't get any housework done I still feel accomplished every day because I take care of Lucy. Being a mother has given me a purpose and I love that! I'm exhausted and always busy but I wouldn't have it any other way; at least not most of the time, haha!

Dallin is such a great dad. I love watching him interact with her and get excited about her little smiles. He is so good to help out with her and does just as much as I do. It's definitely a team effort. Lucy loves him just as much as he loves her. One day he got home and she was napping in my arms. We talked for a little and she started to stir. By the time she had her eyes open, Dallin had gone to the kitchen. She immediately started to fuss. Dallin came back over to the living room and as soon as she saw him she started to grin and was perfectly content when he picked her up. She knew he was home! She's definitely a Daddy's girl.

We love our little Lucy Paige and are slowly adjusting to this whole parenting gig. I feel like we'll always be adjusting. I'm learning to embrace this life as we learn the ropes and learn from our mistakes. I love my little family of three and am so blessed to experience this life with them.






No comments:

Post a Comment