Little One Doesn't Like to Sit Still!

Tuesday, July 11, 2017
Well I am now 18 weeks pregnant and I really wanted to write another update before we find out the gender! I really wanted to write a little update on this pregnancy every other week but I'll be lucky if I can pull it off every month! I'll do my best to keep documenting because I know I'll be kicking myself later if I don't!

Baby is moving around like crazy! I was 16 weeks when I first started to feel some movement. It was really light and I wasn't sure if it was me or not. Then on Sunday during Sacrament meeting baby went crazy with little kicks and I knew it was the baby! The kicks went on for the whole hour off an on. Baby must've been really feeling the spirit. (That or it didn't like the tight waistband of my skirt. It always seems to kick against tight clothing!) It was a really cool experience though. Now I'm just waiting for Dallin to get a chance to feel the little kicks. Now at 18 weeks the movements and kicking has definitely gotten stronger and I can see them move my stomach from the outside!

I'm still waiting to get that kick of energy everyone talks about coming back after the first trimester. Lately I am so exhausted all the time. If I do anything I am completely out of breath. I'm sure if I was in shape before I got pregnant this would be easier but it's draining me now! Getting ready for bed feeling like a workout let alone cleaning the house. I really wanted to be really good and workout 5 days a week while I was pregnant but you can guess how well that's working out for me... I want to be better though!

I've also noticed pregnancy hormones kicking in and affecting my emotions lately! A couple days ago we were headed into Burley and I really wanted two things: a Taco Bandito burrito and shaved ice. It was the fourth of July so of course everything was closed! When I found out I couldn't have those two things I felt like the world was ending. It was quite the episode. We are talking full blown sobs and crocodile tears. It was awful. Poor Dallin. We laugh about it now but it was seriously a rough night. Lately it just seems like the tears are always on the brink. If anything goes wrong at all, down they fall. Dallin is a trooper to deal with me so patiently.

My bump is really growing! It's been so fun to see it grow the past month.




























Now that I can feel a little life inside me, this whole experience seems so much more real. It's hard to believe that all our prayers were answered and we have a little one on its way to our family. I feel extremely blessed. I've been waiting my whole life to become a mother. I truly feel as though it is my calling in life and I'm in awe that it's finally coming to pass.

Although I'm scared to death at times of the future I know that this is worth it and I can't wait to meet our baby. Soon we go see the ultrasound and I am so excited to find out the gender and see our baby on the monitor! Things are getting REAL and we are thrilled!

No comments:

Post a Comment